Monday, February 13, 2012

Raffle Donation - Dead Gorgeous

Thank you to the glamourous "Dead Gorgeous" for donating the ultimate pin-up pack:
2 super cute red & white polka-dot hair bows
1 Sexy Red Lipstick in "Power Surge"
1 Cherry Red Lip Liner
1 Black Eyeshadow/Eyeliner with brush
1  pair of super sweet pearl earrings!
Everything you need to get that cheesecake pinup look
You guys are fabulous!!!

ABOUT "DEAD GORGEOUS"

I live and breathe everything vintage. I study old movies and Pinup artists from the 40s and 50s, and in doing so I have developed my passion for hair and make-up.

It started when I was little watching my Nan get her hair set every Friday, then going home to watch Lucy or an old movie with some breathtaking starlet, and talking with my Nan about how beautiful she was and how gorgeous her gown w...as. Then I’d go into my room and pretend I was Betty Grable, or Marilyn Monroe demanding attention and admiration.

I also double as a modern pinup model. So I know what it’s like to be in front of the camera. I know the great sense of confidence you get from being a Pinup. And it’s one no one can ever take away from you…just let them try!
I also have a great respect for the women of the war time era. They were resourceful and creative as money was scares, and didn’t have the luxuries we take for granted today. And so I like to pay homage to this in my work, using modern tools yet giving a vintage result. So you won’t find me using a shimmer eyeshadow !

A Pinup is a woman of unattainable beauty, and that’s exactly what I’ll turn you into. Or, if it’s something a little more artistic you want, then I will go all out! I never do anything half hearted and won’t let you off my make-up chair until I’m 100% satisfied. I guess you could say I’m a little OCD.

So if it’s for a photoshoot, hen’s night/wedding, or just because, I’ll have you looking Dead Gorgeous xx
 

No comments: